By: Becky Monroe
Dealing with the anxiety of a global pandemic can be exhausting. I’m a control freak by nature, and I am naturally uncomfortable being part of situations that I can’t control. I choose to look at the bright side.
Adopting a gratitude practice has truly changed my life. I start my day thinking of 3 things I’m grateful for. Sometimes my gratitude list has people’s names and sometimes it’s something simple like the sun is shining. If I’m feeling stressed, making a “things I’m grateful for” list seems to put everything in perspective.
So here’s my list of 5 reasons to be grateful to shelter in place!
1. My flower beds are going to be gorgeous. I’m out pulling weeds at least a month earlier than usual, the daffodils are already blooming, and it doesn’t look like we’ll be “too busy” to work outside any time soon.
2. I am getting AMAZING miles per gallon of gas in my car right now. I saw a meme on Facebook that said – I’m getting like 2-3 weeks to the gallon right now – and I realized that it’s true!
3. I don’t have my income taxes done yet – but the IRS extended the filing deadline so I’m not getting dizzy looking at numbers this week!
4. The Pilates studio that I go to is offering virtual classes, so I can get a workout in without leaving my house!
5. I get excited just thinking about all the projects we can get done at home! Mike’s “honey-do” list is at least a mile long, and while I’m not holding out that we’ll get through everything – I see the list getting shorter already!